NTS (National Test Services) is a subsidiary part of our Safety and Security Division. We specialise in Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) throughout the UK including Northern Ireland/Ireland, Scotland and all UK Regions.
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) is the term used to describe the examination of electrical appliances and equipment to ensure they are safe to use. Most electrical safety defects can be found by visual examination but some types of defect can only be found by testing. However, it is essential to understand that visual examination is an essential part of the process because some types of electrical safety defect can't be detected by testing alone.
Benefits of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Improved safety in the workplace
- Compliance with your insurance company
- Keep track of your assets
- Enhance preventative maintenance
- Increase productivity through safe and reliable equipment
The Health & Safety at Work Act
The Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) places such an obligation in the following circumstances:
- Where appliances are used by employees.
- Where the public may use appliances in establishments such as hospitals, schools, hotels, shops etc.
- Where appliances are supplied or hired.
- Where appliances are repaired or serviced.