You want to get the most from your I.T. investment and the applications that run your business. Your business growth can depend on the effectiveness of these enterprise information systems. Finding a way of enhancing the performance and value of your applications can become tricky as budgets shrink, projects become more complex and ever-changing business requirements make it difficult for companies to ensure their applications deliver maximum value.
Software vendors supply solutions which provide full application management including application and desktop virtualisation, networking, Software as a Service (SaaS), and cloud-computing technologies. This software virtualises applications, desktops, and resources to publish them to a remote user.
Citrix is an example of this type of solution. ‘Citrix Server’ refers to Citrix’s line of desktop virtualisation products: XenDesktop and XenApp. These products allow I.T. departments to host centralised desktops and applications, respectively. These products enable users to access applications from anywhere, no matter what hardware they are using, including tablets. This type of solution is said to cut I.T. costs and increase security while providing a standardised environment for all.
Example flow diagram of Citrix Technology Solution:
Why would I want to implement an Application Management System?
What are the benefits for my employees?
- Reduced costs for remote application provisioning and deployment
- ‘Pay-per-use’ flexible pricing to avoid waste and reduce capital expenditure
- Rapid server, application and capacity provisioning
- Users can access provisioned application from anywhere with any device such as tablet or a laptop
- Secure, enterprise-grade data sharing and sync services on-premises and in the cloud